Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Allergy

A few months ago I found out I have a peanut, tree nut, and sesame allergy. I am not glad, but the Lord was merciful and let it only be mild. My mom posted about it here.

In January I had my first reaction. My throat started to itch and I was having trouble breathing. I told mom about it and she said that I was probably getting a cold. Eventually she called my aunt. (My aunt has two daughters with tree nut allergies.) They agreed to give me benadryl. Then they discussed what the allergy could be. I had another reaction the a few days later and we tracked it down to peanuts.

I went to an allergist. I had to have blood drawn. When we received the results, I found out I was allergic to sesame. We were surprised. I do not eat a lot of sesame. (And now I eat none.) I then had skin testing which showed I showed I was allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and sesame. We were surprised that it was both peanuts and tree nuts.

It was an adjustment, but God was with me all the way.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home